Uni 2 beyond is a program that supports people with an intellectual disability to experience university life at the University of Sydney. The program begins in March 2017 and you can take part for 2 years, with a possible extension to 3 years.
You can study some subjects at the university that you’re interested in without enrolling in a degree. This is called ‘auditing’.
- Attend lectures and tutorials
- Work on individual projects
- Receive a certificate of attendance
Who can apply:
People with an intellectual disability who would like to experience university.
About the program:
- When you’re offered a place, uni 2 beyond coordinators will help you choose one or two classes that you would like to do at University.
- They will inform you of the social activities and clubs at the University of Sydney.
- You will receive a university timetable.
- You will have a mentor to help you feel comfortable.
If you’re interested: