The Pathway for Carers project offers carers of people with a disability or a mental health issue, an opportunity to share walks in Maroondah, Yarra Ranges, Manningham, Monash/Knox and Boroondara with other carers and to learn more about news, services, supports available to carers.
For this week’s Boroondara walk, Theresa Gallucci from Better Caring will be Pathway for Carers guest walker.
During the walk, Theresa will talk about how Better Caring:
- Opens up true choice of who people want in their lives to support them
- Enables NDIS and/or private funding to stretch significantly further in terms of hours of support
- Gives support workers themselves more choice and control as they run their own small business on the Better Caring platform.
- The next walk will be this Wednesday 25 October 2017
- Meeting point at 9.15am: Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre, 8 Warner Drive, Ashburton
- Time: 9.30am – 11.00am (approx)
The walk is followed by FREE coffee and Fruit at the Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre.
It will go ahead regardless of rain, hail or shine so bring an umbrella if necessary.
New walkers are very welcome!
For more information, watch Pathways for Carers 2-minute promo video or visit their Facebook Page. You can also contact Felicity Preston from Life Assist on 9239 2500 or email Felicity.Preston@LifeAssist.org.au.